The Importance of Outlets

 

I want you to think of the last time that you experienced hardship. It may have been a while ago, or it may have been today. 

I know that some people are the type to talk about what is troubling them, while others would rather ignore it. I tend to find something that I enjoy to have any emotion that could affect me communicating my feelings effectively. This is an outlet. 

A recent outlet of mine is dance.


 I am a dance teacher and the passion for dance reignited itself into my life. I have seen my students relax after being in my class and have had several come to talk to me about topics that would not have presented themselves without dance being there to break that barrier. It is truly incredible being able to witness how youth can start articulating their emotions after having an outlet to channel their thoughts into. This is why I created Dance to Survive. I want to give others a way to help navigate their thoughts and feelings into something so they can talk to others with a more open heart and mind.

Outlets can vary though. Some people are not as passionate about dance as I am, and that is 100% okay! That is the beauty of being human. We all have activities that we enjoy and ways to navigate our thoughts through them. Dance is an outlet for many, however art, music, reading, exercising, even video games are outlets that others use. That is also a great way to not only destress, but allow your mind to clear so that discussions can be easier to have. 

With Dance to Survive, I am hoping to get this message across to everyone that encounters it: Find your outlet(s) and enjoy them. Then when you feel more free, discussions will open up to you and resources will become available too. 

And as always, I love you. You matter in this world. Your story is important. 

💚 Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a bit...Let's Catch Up

My Mental Health Journey

Miss Kansas 2022 Experience