2022-2023 School Year

 

Well...it's about that time that students go back to school for another school year.

I know that the reactions can be varied. From being excited to absolutely dreading going back. Whatever the reaction is, school is something that exists. Where am I personally mentally going into this school year? A part of me is ready while another part is not too happy about college starting back up. 

For those with elementary, middle, or high school students (or if you are a high school student), support your kids. They could be going through a lot with their schoolwork, and depending on the classes they are taking, it can be overwhelming. Let them know that it is okay to ask for help when they need it. Normalize asking for it. I know from personal experience that it breaks some mental hurdles that I had. 

For my high schoolers. I know that high school can seem extremely scary when you are a incoming freshman. I was there. The best advice I can give is to become involved. You will meet incredible people through clubs and teams. Soak it all in, since your senior year will come fast. I know it may not seem like it will, but it does. 

To my seniors, this is an exciting year of your schooling! Go to everything that you possibly can. Coming from a 2020 grad, you won't know if you get things or not. I hope that you get the full experience that the classes before you did. Also, congratulations. It is so awesome that you are almost done with high school. Don't wish it away, since I still cannot believe that I am going on 3 years being out. I know high school isn't fun all the time, but your senior year is awesome. 

To my college freshman, welcome to college! It's a grand old time. If you are in dorms, have fun with college campus life--couldn't be me. I have a tumultuous relationship with dorms. I don't really care for them. That is just me personally though. Ask questions when you can. It is still okay to ask for help. Usually on college campuses, they have tutoring centers. Go to them! Take advantage that your college is wanting you to succeed. I also know that at my college they have a counselor that is free to use for all students. It may not be like that for your college, it will just depend on what is available to you. However, go to your counselor if you need it. School can get hectic with work and studies. 

To my other college students, welcome back. A lot of the previous information and tips that are stated above are also applicable to you. 


Here's my challenge to you though this year. Make the most of it. Do the best you can with your studies, but don't stress yourself over a grade. 

I am still learning that. I prided myself for good grades through high school, but I am learning that perfection isn't attainable. As long as you are passing, and if you are a student athlete not on the ineligible list, you are good!

I hope you have the best school year! Also, remember that you are loved immensely. 


With love, 

Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a bit...Let's Catch Up

My Mental Health Journey

Miss Kansas 2022 Experience