Hello!


 

Welcome to Dance to Survive!


My name is Miranda Smith and this is my project/organization that I have created to promote my social impact initiative for the Miss America Organization.


Now why did I pick this as my initiative? Mental health is more prevalent than ever due to the ever growing aspects of social media and comparative culture. As a dancer, I know that dance is a way for me to release all my negative emotions into something that is beautiful. I also have seen through my job as a dance teacher that dance can open doors to conversations that would not happen otherwise. This is why I created Dance to Survive. 


I struggled with suicidal thoughts and ideologies twice in my life, and I want people to know that this doesn't define them and that they are not crazy. I'm using this project as a way to connect with others on a deeper level and to show that there are healthy ways to cope with negative thoughts. If it isn't dance, then it can be art, music, poetry, you name it!


What's to come of this? No clue! Absolutely everything and anything! I will be posting on my social medias dance movements, like a dance class, and going from there. So be sure to follow alongside my journey on Facebook at dance.tosurvive2 and Instagram at dance.tosurvive.


I'll also be doing a blog that will be posted on this website along with my socials. Hope that you will follow with my journey!


--Miranda

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been a bit...Let's Catch Up

My Mental Health Journey

Miss Kansas 2022 Experience